- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp.vanilla extract
- 1 tsp.orange zest
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 (8-oz) can crushed pineapple,drained
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts,lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour two 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pans.
- In a spacious bowl,whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, orange zest, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl,sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda,baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and blend thoroughly with a sturdy spoon.
- Stir in the drained pineapple, zucchini, carrots, and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until loaves feel firm and springy when pressed in the center and a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with butter or cream cheese.
- Loaves will keep well wrapped at room temperature for two days, in the refrigerator for five days, or in the freezer for up to four months.
- Yields 2 Loaves
Food Travels Through Italy
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More