- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 egg yolks (room temp)
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (I used Frangelico)
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- use a couple for garnish
- Place the egg yolks in the top bowl of a double boiler.
- I used a hand mixer to beat yolks till they were pale yellow.
- Beat in sugar and the Frangelico.
- Keep beating about 5 minutes.
- Heat a small amount of water to simmering in the pan. Place the pan with eggs on top and continue to beat. Do not let the water boil or it will cook the eggs.
- You can keep removing it from the heat while you are beating the mixture.
- Keep beating for another 5 minutes.
- The longer you whip it the more like a custard it will get.
- I did not want it like that, so I didn't go past 4 minutes.
- I placed sliced strawberries on bottom of two champagne flutes. Layered the zabaglione on top and put more strawberries on top. They sunk in the glass. If it's more like a custard, they would have stayed on top.
- Put a slit in a strawberry and place on the rim of the glass for garnish.
- They say it should be served warm, I like it cool.
NotesMay's challenge was to make something with eggs and strawberries. This is what I made.
Paul's Food World Volume 1
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More