- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
- In small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the cocoa. Add butter and stir until evenly blended. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium-high heat bring 2/3 cup milk to a boil; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold milk and let stand 4 to 5 minutes. Add boiling milk, cover, and blend at low speed for 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons of the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; blend at medium speed until well mixed. Add cottage cheese and blend at high speed until smooth. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture; refrigerate for later.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon cocoa; add to blender and blend until mixed. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture and pour into prepared crust.
- Spoon large dollops of the reserved vanilla mixture over chocolate and gently swirl with a knife or spatula to create a marbled effect. Cover and refrigerate until firm, 4 to 5 hours.