- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can(16oz) refried beans
- 1 can(14.5oz)diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- 8 oz. round tortilla chips
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking
- spray; heat over medium heat.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is done;drain well.
- Stir in refried beans and tomatoes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon dip into serving dish or 2-qt. slow cooker on low.
- Dip will hold up in slow cooker for 2 hours.
- Top with remaing 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Serve with the tortilla chips.
- Serves as many as 32
- (2 tablespoons of dip and 6 tortilla chips)
- NOTE: If you're making this durning the Christmas season...you may want to use the red and green tortilla chips for the festive touch.
NotesMy Husband loves to snack, so I ty to have the ingredients for this on hand, to make for him and a few friends and family too. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Social Cookbook
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More