- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy Husband loves to snack, so I ty to have the ingredients for this on hand, to make for him and a few friends and family too. Enjoy!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can(16oz) refried beans
- 1 can(14.5oz)diced tomatoes,undrained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
- 8 oz. round tortilla chips
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking
- spray; heat over medium heat.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is done;drain well.
- Stir in refried beans and tomatoes.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until hot.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon dip into serving dish or 2-qt. slow cooker on low.
- Dip will hold up in slow cooker for 2 hours.
- Top with remaing 1/4 cup of the cheese.
- Serve with the tortilla chips.
- Serves as many as 32
- (2 tablespoons of dip and 6 tortilla chips)
- NOTE: If you're making this durning the Christmas season...you may want to use the red and green tortilla chips for the festive touch.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More