- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. Have ready a large bowl of ice water. Cook the broccoli for 2 minutes. Remove broccoli from pot and shock it in a bowl of ice water. When broccoli is completely cool, drain and dry it.
- 2. Refill the bowl with ice water and Bring the water back to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 4 minutes. Just like the broccoli, remove the green beans from the pot and shock it. When green beans are completely cool, add them to the colander and allow to drain.
- 3. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. When almost smoking, add the garlic and saute for about 45 seconds. When the garlic starts to brown, remove immediately and discard. (When garlic is overcooking it leaves a very bitter taste to the dish, SO BECAREFUL.)
- 4. Add the red pepper flakes, broccoli and green beans to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and the lemon zest. Serve immediately.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More