- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat free Italian Dressing
- Small Handful fettuccine
- 1 medium jar marinara pasta sauce
- 1 tbsp dried basil or about 10 large, fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (to taste)
- Place the chicken breasts in a plastic sandwich bag or small bowl. Poke each breast in 4-5 places with a fork. Marinate in Italian Dressing at least 30 minutes prior to cooking (for best flavor have it marinate all day while you are at work....you can even do it overnight for more robust flavor)
- Preheat grill or skillet to high. Boil water for fettuccine - Prepare according to package directions.
- Put marinara sauce in small saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Place marinated chicken on hot grill or skillet. Cook about 6 minutes then turn and grill for another 6 minutes. Continue turning and grilling until no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is grilling, add basil, mushrooms, onion and garlic to pasta sauce. Stir well. Cover and allow to simmer until just before serving.
- Place 1 cup of spinach leaves on two separate plates. Place 1/2 of cooked fettuccine on top of spinach leaves on each plate. Place one grilled chicken breast on the fettuccine on each plate. Top with pasta sauce and Parmesan cheese.
NotesThis is another of my husband’s favorite meals. It’s a good way to sneak more green vegetables into your favorite carnivore’s diet.
Delicious Bahamian Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More