- Cooking Time:
- Servings: About 2 cups
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 stick of butter (room temp)
- 2 to 2 1/4 cups of 10X confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Sonoma Syrup Co Vanilla Bean Extract "Crush"
- 1 tablespoon of Nellie & Joes Keylime Juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lime zest (organic if you can find it)
- 1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until till fluffy.
- 2. Add in the confectioner's sugar and vanilla, continue to mix till smooth.
- 3. Zest the lime.
- 4. Mix the lime zest with the buttercream.
- 5. Add the lime juice with the buttercream and mix well.
NotesThis was adapted from many different citrus frosting recipes over the years of trial and error.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More