- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C chuncky tomato salsa
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 t. ground red pepper
- shredded lettuce, LF or FF cheese and sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortillas on cookie sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake until crisp.
- Saute beans with red pepper and cumin in oil over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salsa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve beans over the tortillas, with your choice of fixins. (Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa).
- 4 servings
NotesOriginal recipe is for 4 servings as dinner, I think not. Doesn't make that much. You would need alot of sides to make a meal. So more like 2 tostadas each (to feed me). But still really good and easy. Can be doubled easily.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More