- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C chuncky tomato salsa
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 t. ground red pepper
- shredded lettuce, LF or FF cheese and sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortillas on cookie sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake until crisp.
- Saute beans with red pepper and cumin in oil over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salsa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve beans over the tortillas, with your choice of fixins. (Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa).
- 4 servings
NotesOriginal recipe is for 4 servings as dinner, I think not. Doesn't make that much. You would need alot of sides to make a meal. So more like 2 tostadas each (to feed me). But still really good and easy. Can be doubled easily.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More