- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 15oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 C chuncky tomato salsa
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1 t. ground red pepper
- shredded lettuce, LF or FF cheese and sour cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tortillas on cookie sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Bake until crisp.
- Saute beans with red pepper and cumin in oil over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add salsa and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve beans over the tortillas, with your choice of fixins. (Lettuce, sour cream, cheese, salsa).
- 4 servings
NotesOriginal recipe is for 4 servings as dinner, I think not. Doesn't make that much. You would need alot of sides to make a meal. So more like 2 tostadas each (to feed me). But still really good and easy. Can be doubled easily.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More