- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 qts
- Preparation Time:
- 9 cups Cheerios
- 8 cups Rice Chex
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 8 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (18 ounces) cheese crackers
- 1 package (8 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (7 ounces) Bagel or rye chips
- 1 package (7 ounces) shoestring potato sticks
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add seasonings; stir until dissolved.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place in large greased roasting pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Store in airtight containers
- Substitution or additional ingredients - Fritos, Bite-size shredded wheat, Sesame sticks, Peanuts or mixed nuts
NotesParty mix is my holiday "crack" I just can not seem to get enough of it. I came across a recipe similar to this one year in a taste of homes magazine and modified it to fit my tastes. It is a great spin on the orignal "chex mix".
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More