- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 qts
- Preparation Time:
- 9 cups Cheerios
- 8 cups Rice Chex
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 8 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 package (18 ounces) cheese crackers
- 1 package (8 ounces) pretzel sticks
- 1 package (7 ounces) Bagel or rye chips
- 1 package (7 ounces) shoestring potato sticks
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add seasonings; stir until dissolved.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir to coat.
- Place in large greased roasting pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
- Store in airtight containers
- Substitution or additional ingredients - Fritos, Bite-size shredded wheat, Sesame sticks, Peanuts or mixed nuts
NotesParty mix is my holiday "crack" I just can not seem to get enough of it. I came across a recipe similar to this one year in a taste of homes magazine and modified it to fit my tastes. It is a great spin on the orignal "chex mix".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Watt's Cooking in PA?
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More