- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8 cups
- Preparation Time: 30
- 6 cups finely chopped pitted peeled peaches (about 3 lb or 9 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped seeded red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about large)
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped garlic (about 14 cloves)
- 1-1/4 cups honey
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens to the consistency of a thin commercial barbeque sauce, about 25 minutes.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
- Prep time: 30 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- Servings: about 8 (8 oz) half pints
NotesTurn your peaches into a sweet & savoury condiment. Golden orange with red flecks, this BBQ sauce not only looks amazing, but tastes out of this world. Spoon some over your chicken, ribs or fish this summer!
Servings: about 8 (8 oz) half pints