- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Add green food coloring to create desired shade of green
- Maraschino cherries cut in half
- Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, eggs, and ricotta cheese. Beat well.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mixing to form soft dough.
- Drop by teaspoonful size onto cookie sheet lined with ungreased parchment paper.
- Place half of a cherry on each cookie.
- Bake 13-15 minutes at 350°F.
- Lightly sprinkle baked cookies with powered sugar.
- You are recreating the Italian flag colors of green, white and red.
NotesCould these be any easier? I don't think so! I got this recipe from my hubby's Italian side of the family many years ago.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More