- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Add green food coloring to create desired shade of green
- Maraschino cherries cut in half
- Cream butter and sugar; add vanilla, eggs, and ricotta cheese. Beat well.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mixing to form soft dough.
- Drop by teaspoonful size onto cookie sheet lined with ungreased parchment paper.
- Place half of a cherry on each cookie.
- Bake 13-15 minutes at 350°F.
- Lightly sprinkle baked cookies with powered sugar.
- You are recreating the Italian flag colors of green, white and red.
NotesCould these be any easier? I don't think so! I got this recipe from my hubby's Italian side of the family many years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More