- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- one package presliced honey loaf
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 T. horseradish
- Remove honey style loaf slices from package and lay on paper towel.
- Blot moisture from both sides.
- Combine softened cream cheese and horseradish. Spread a layer of cream cheese/horseradish mixture on one side of honey roll and roll up jelly roll style.
- Store rolls in a ziplock bag or in a plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Slice rolls in pinwheel slices and place on a serving plate.
- These slices will disappear quickly.
- I use the honey style loaf luncheon meat because it is a bit more resilient during the spreading/rolling/slicing process.
- I stated in the recipe that 2 T. horseradish should be used, but that is a matter of taste. Perhaps you want more or less. This recipe is obviously easily doubled.
NotesThese pinwheel appetizers have been served for years by me (and now my daughter) and they are always popular. While in some ways they are like many meat/cream cheese rollups, in other ways they have their own distinct qualities. The concept of these pinwheels is not new; the addition of the horseradish gives them a kick that is welcomed. Give them a try. These can be made ahead and stored in rolls that can be sliced at the last minute.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More