- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese pinwheel appetizers have been served for years by me (and now my daughter) and they are always popular. While in some ways they are like many meat/cream cheese rollups, in other ways they have their own distinct qualities. The concept of these pinwheels is not new; the addition of the horseradish gives them a kick that is welcomed. Give them a try. These can be made ahead and stored in rolls that can be sliced at the last minute.
- one package presliced honey loaf
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 T. horseradish
- Remove honey style loaf slices from package and lay on paper towel.
- Blot moisture from both sides.
- Combine softened cream cheese and horseradish. Spread a layer of cream cheese/horseradish mixture on one side of honey roll and roll up jelly roll style.
- Store rolls in a ziplock bag or in a plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Slice rolls in pinwheel slices and place on a serving plate.
- These slices will disappear quickly.
- I use the honey style loaf luncheon meat because it is a bit more resilient during the spreading/rolling/slicing process.
- I stated in the recipe that 2 T. horseradish should be used, but that is a matter of taste. Perhaps you want more or less. This recipe is obviously easily doubled.