ZITI WITH ASPARAGUS, SMOKED MOZZARELLA, AND PROSCIUTTO (GIADA DE LAURENTIIS)
- 8 oz dried ziti/other tubular pasta
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1" pieces
- 2T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3oz smoked mozzarella cheese, diced (~1/2 cup)
- 3T thinly sliced fresh basil.
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add ziti and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add asparagus and cook about 2 minutes. Drain pasta and asparagus, reserving 1 c of cooking liquid.
2. In large, heavy skillet, heat oil over medium flame. Add garlic and saute about 20 seconds. Add pasta, asparagus, salt and pepper and 1c cooking liquid, and toss to coat.
3. Remove skillet from heat. Add mozzarella, prosciutto, and basil and toss to combine.