- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 1/4 cup (total) flour. use 1 cup wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons gluten
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (I use real lemon in the bottle)
- Put in the breadmachine in the order that your manufacture suggests, my bread machine is a Zojirushi, it calls for the liquid first. Notice that there is 4 1/4 cups of flour, so make sure your machine can handle a large loaf.
- I knead the dough in the machine then take it out and form into loaves and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. This makes one huge loaf and I save out some of the dough to make a flat bread in my Redi-Set-Go machine.(or the Xpress 101, you can also fry them in a fry pan, like my Mom use to do)
NotesI have made this recipe for some time now, fine tuning it along the way. I use dry buttermilk, lemon juice and gluten in almost all of my breadmaking. It is espceially important to use the gluten when using wheat flour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More