- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have made this recipe for some time now, fine tuning it along the way. I use dry buttermilk, lemon juice and gluten in almost all of my breadmaking. It is espceially important to use the gluten when using wheat flour.
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 1/4 cup (total) flour. use 1 cup wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons gluten
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (I use real lemon in the bottle)
- Put in the breadmachine in the order that your manufacture suggests, my bread machine is a Zojirushi, it calls for the liquid first. Notice that there is 4 1/4 cups of flour, so make sure your machine can handle a large loaf.
- I knead the dough in the machine then take it out and form into loaves and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. This makes one huge loaf and I save out some of the dough to make a flat bread in my Redi-Set-Go machine.(or the Xpress 101, you can also fry them in a fry pan, like my Mom use to do)