- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Ingredients for batter:
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 1-3/4 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup mini-semisweet chocolate chips
- Ingredients for chocolate ganache:
- 2-3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Directions for chocolate ganache:
- 1. Put the chocolate chips in a large heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- 2. Just before the cream comes to a full boil, pour cream into the chocolate chips and whisk together until smooth.
- 3. Add the butter and stir until smooth and shiny. Place plastic wrap directly over the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Let stand at room temperature to cool.
- Directions for batter:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with 12 liners. Crush the Oreo cookies into 1/4-inch pieces. Spoon 1 tablespoon into each liner, reserving the remaining pieces.
- 2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven on low, stirring every 15 seconds. Remove from heat and let cool. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together and set aside. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat together until pale and fluffy. Blend i the melted chocolate and then gradually beat in the eggs and mix well together.Mix in the vanilla extract and sour cream. add half the flour mixture and blend in, then mix in the water and remaining flour mixture until incorporated.
- 3. Spoon half the batter into the liners and spread over cookie pieces. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of chocolate chips to each. Add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and cookie pieces over the top. Bake for about 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- 4. When the cupcakes are cool, spread or pipe the chocolate ganache on top of each. Mix together most of the chocolate cookie crumbs and all of the chocolate chips in a dish and dip the top of each cupcake into the mixture to create the graveyard earth.
- 5. I used plastic Zombie hands to finish each cupcake.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More