Zucchini & Potato Hashbrown Patties
Why I Love This Recipe
Delicious for breakfast, brunch, or anytime of the day. Zucchini and potato patties pan fried until crispy and delicious.
Ingredients You'll Need
o 2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
o 2 Tbsp. EVOO
o 3 Russet Potatoes, peeled and shredded
o 2 Zucchinis, peeled and shredded
o 2 cloves Garlic, pressed / grated
o ¼ C Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
o 1 Tsp. Grated Parmesan
o 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
o 1 Egg
o 2 ½ - 3 Tbsp. Seasoned Italian Breadcrumbs
o ¼ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
o ¼ Tsp. Sea Salt & Black Pepper +
o Sour Cream & Chives - Garnish
1. Take the shredded potatoes & zucchini and place them in the center of a clean towel. Wrap the towel up over the shreds and begin twisting down pressing the juice out of the shreds.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients for the patty right down to the salt / pepper. Work together with a fork until fully combined.
**Depending on the size of your potatoes / zucchinis you may need to add a bit more crumb.
3. Combine the butter / oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble it is ready.
4. Pack the mixture in to an Ice Cream Scoop and drop them in the pan 5 at a time. After a minute of frying, gently press the patties down to flatten them a little. Season each patty with a pinch of sea salt. After about 2 or 3 minutes the patty will slide when moved as opposed to breaking apart. Flip and allow another 3 minutes until brown and crispy on both sides.
5. Transfer cooked patties to a paper towel lined plate OR a wire rack over a plate to catch excess oil. Cook the second batch immediately. Season each patty with a pinch of sea salt / black pepper.
6. For service, a small dollop of sour cream and some fresh chives sliced up are the perfect garnish! ENJOY!