- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 40
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut the zucchini and squash into long, thin layers. Lightly grease a 7x11-inch baking dish and layer the squash, zucchini, onion and tomatoes into the baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and add pats of butter between each layer of vegetables, and season each layer with salt and ground black pepper for taste.
- Continue this layering process until all the vegetables are used up and top this off with the remaining butter and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are to desired tenderness and cheese is melted and bubbly.
NotesA vegetable casserole that's great as a summer meal. you may need to put a cookie sheet or something under this dish as it bakes, because it sometimes bubbles over......YUMMY :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More