- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the griddle
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium sized tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat a griddle on medium-high. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Mix in zucchini. Add to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Brush a little melted butter on the griddle. Pour the pancake batter by ¼ cups onto the griddle, keeping the pools of batter 2 inches apart. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- For the apples, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and saute until the apples are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples, add the cream, and cook until the liquid is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Immediately serve with the pancakes.
NotesThis month for our blogger Improv Challenge the ingredients were zucchini and brown sugar. Doesn't that beg for a great pancake recipe?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More