- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the griddle
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium sized tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat a griddle on medium-high. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Mix in zucchini. Add to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
- Brush a little melted butter on the griddle. Pour the pancake batter by ¼ cups onto the griddle, keeping the pools of batter 2 inches apart. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- For the apples, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the apples and saute until the apples are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the apples, add the cream, and cook until the liquid is reduced and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat. Immediately serve with the pancakes.
NotesThis month for our blogger Improv Challenge the ingredients were zucchini and brown sugar. Doesn't that beg for a great pancake recipe?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More