- Cooking Time: 60 - 70 minutes
- Servings: 2 loves
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryI ran across this recipe and just had to share - it's divine!
- * 3 eggs
- * 1 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 cups white sugar
- * 2 cups grated zucchini
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- * 3 cups all-purpose flour
- * 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- * 1 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- * 1 cup all purpose flour
- * 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- * 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- *1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix it all together with fork or pastry blender/cutter and crumble on top of the batter prior to baking.
- 4. Bake for 60-70 minutes until done.
- Note by Suzanne: I mix this by hand, not by a mixer or Kitchen-Aid. It is a heavy, wonderfully tasty bread! I hope you will enjoy it.