Zucchini Bread with Walnut Crisp Topping
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
*1/2 cup walnuts chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
3. In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Mix it all together with fork or pastry blender/cutter and crumble on top of the batter prior to baking.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes until done.
Note by Suzanne: I mix this by hand, not by a mixer or Kitchen-Aid. It is a heavy, wonderfully tasty bread! I hope you will enjoy it.
Pairs Well With
I ran across this recipe and just had to share - it's divine!