- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, add nuts and fold in nuts and/or chips.
- Pour into 2 standard glass loaf pans*. To prepare pans for baking, cut parchment paper to size and place in bottom of each pan and then spray entire pan with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and then slide knife around edges of pan to loosen edges and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Fun appetizers and snacks
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More