- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 1 loaf + 6 muffins
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ egg replacer (3 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
- ¾ cup sweetener (e.g. sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar,…)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 ½ tsp vinegar (apple cider or white vinegar)
- 1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup zucchini, steamed and grated (you can forgo the steaming if you want)
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ¾ cup dried fruits and/or chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven @ 350 degrees.
- Oil a 9×4 inch loaf pan as well as a 6-cup muffin tin OR oil a mini loaf pan. Line with parchment paper if you want (optional).
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add and mix in egg replacer, sweetener, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add in zucchini, walnuts and dried fruits and/or chocolate until just mixed (don't over mix).
- If too dry, add up to ¼ cup of water to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into lightly oiled loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (test with knife for doneness…it should be firm enough but not too much). You can take out the muffins after 20-25 minutes.
NotesA great way to use up a lot of zucchini: you can easily double the batch and freeze the finished product! You can also use the same recipe to make zucchini muffins (the cooking time will then be about 20-25 min).
Great Everyday Meals
Classic Chocolate Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More