- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about ½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- About 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Coarsely grate zucchini. (There should be about 3 cups.) Wrap towel around zucchini, squeezing out as much liquid as possible. Transfer to medium bowl, then stir in eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan, and garlic. Scoop with 1/8 cup scoop and roll into balls. Flatten into little cakes.
- In heavy large skillet over moderately high heat, heat 1/4-inch oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, drop cakes into oil.
- Fry, turning once, until golden brown, then transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Best served right after frying, but can be prepared ahead and kept at room temperature up to 2 hours. If desired, rewarm in 350°F oven, turning once, 10 minutes.)
NotesCrisp and green and good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More