- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- - 1 cup mayonnaise
- - 6 zucchini, sliced
- - 2 eggs, beaten
- - 1 small onion, diced
- - 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- - 1 cup grated romano cheese
- - 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- - 24 buttery round crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- - Place sliced zucchini in a large saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover, and bring to boil over high heat. Boil until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- - In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in onion, cheese, and pepper. Fold in squash and then pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with crushed crackers, then dot evenly with diced butter.
- - Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the middle of casserole is no longer moist, and springs back when gently pressed.
NotesTasty rich & custard dish with mayonnaise, eggs, & cheese, topped by crackers. This can be made with either summer squash or zucchini or both.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More