- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- - 1 cup mayonnaise
- - 6 zucchini, sliced
- - 2 eggs, beaten
- - 1 small onion, diced
- - 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- - 1 cup grated romano cheese
- - 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- - 24 buttery round crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- - Place sliced zucchini in a large saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover, and bring to boil over high heat. Boil until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- - In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in onion, cheese, and pepper. Fold in squash and then pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with crushed crackers, then dot evenly with diced butter.
- - Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the middle of casserole is no longer moist, and springs back when gently pressed.
NotesTasty rich & custard dish with mayonnaise, eggs, & cheese, topped by crackers. This can be made with either summer squash or zucchini or both.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Grilled Pepper Poppers
Easy Walnut Chocolate Rum Balls
blessing mixSee More