- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 smallish to medium zucchini
- 1 to 2 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the inexpensive shaker-kind works fine)
- Wash zucchini and slice into coins...not too thin; try for about 1/8". Put zucchini into a plastic bag (I sometimes use the one I brought the zucchini home in from the veg department at the store)and pour in the oil. Work the zucchini around to separate and coat well with oil. Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan and dump into the bag. Shake and massage bag until all the zucchini are amply coated with crumb mixture, then dump out onto a cookie sheet. Using a fork, separate zucchini, so they are in a single layer and are not overlapping too much. Bake in a 400F pre-heated oven 10-15 minutes till browned and done to your liking. Most kids love these...especially if you tell them they don't have to try them :)
NotesI've been making this dish for years; I don't remember where I got the recipe from. With the availability of good zucchini year-round, it makes a simple, tasty side dish. This is a method that can be increased or decreased with excellent results; I just eyeball the amounts, it works out fine.