- Cooking Time: 45 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly ground spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups organic corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1. In a large bowl combine the spelt, corn meal, baking powder, and salt.
- 2.In a smaller bowl mix together the honey, eggs, coconut oil, milk, and zucchini.
- 3.Add the zucchini and wet mixture to the flour ingredients and mix well but do not over mix.
- 4.Pour the batter into an oiled 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- 5. Like in the old days when my grandmother cooked it, you can place the pieces on a skillet and golden the top and bottom with butter.
NotesI found this recipe while browsing images on Pinterest. I found it great since it reminded me of the corn bread my grandmother used to make but much more healthier and easy to make.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More