- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C white cornmeal, self rising
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 ts cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C buttermilk ( I usually use 2%)
- Oil for frying
- Boil squash until soft. Drain & mash. Set aside. Mix together flour, cornmeal, cayenne, salt. In seperate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Do not tell the chicken. Add milk & squash. Stir well & add to the dry mixture.
- Heat oil to 350F. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil.
- Cook about 2 1/2 min per side. Drain on paper towels & serve warm.
NotesServe these warm as an appetizer or side dish with your favorite italian-style tomato sauce (spaghetti or pasta...) as a dipping sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More