- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C white cornmeal, self rising
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 ts cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C buttermilk ( I usually use 2%)
- Oil for frying
- Boil squash until soft. Drain & mash. Set aside. Mix together flour, cornmeal, cayenne, salt. In seperate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Do not tell the chicken. Add milk & squash. Stir well & add to the dry mixture.
- Heat oil to 350F. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil.
- Cook about 2 1/2 min per side. Drain on paper towels & serve warm.
NotesServe these warm as an appetizer or side dish with your favorite italian-style tomato sauce (spaghetti or pasta...) as a dipping sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Raw Carrot Beet Ginger Salad
Honeydew Lime Soup
Deviled PotatoesSee More