- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium sized zucchini, sliced
- 3/4 C flour
- 3/4 C white cornmeal, self rising
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/4 ts cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C buttermilk ( I usually use 2%)
- Oil for frying
- Boil squash until soft. Drain & mash. Set aside. Mix together flour, cornmeal, cayenne, salt. In seperate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Do not tell the chicken. Add milk & squash. Stir well & add to the dry mixture.
- Heat oil to 350F. Drop spoonfuls of mixture into hot oil.
- Cook about 2 1/2 min per side. Drain on paper towels & serve warm.
NotesServe these warm as an appetizer or side dish with your favorite italian-style tomato sauce (spaghetti or pasta...) as a dipping sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
A Falcon Feast
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More