- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups cornmeal (I like a medium grind for texture)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 pounds zucchini, grated and drained
- In a large bowl mix eggs, milk, baking powder, salt, flour, cornmeal and parmesan till smooth.
- Fold in parsley and zucchini
- Drop by scant ¼ cupfuls into hot oil, turning to brown evenly.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with marinara or other dipping sauces.
NotesI'm always looking for ways to use the tons of zucchini that my garden produces. I wasn't very happy with the fritter recipes I found as they were a bit bland so I put an Italian spin on these.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More