- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cups candied cut mixed fruit
- 1 tsp,. vanilla
- 1/2 cup candied cut red cherries
- 1/2 cup candied cut green cherries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 3 cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- 2 loaf tins, greased and lined with foil.
- Grease the foil (or 1 loaf tin and 4 small loaf tins)
- Bake at 300º for 1 1/2 hours or longer.
- Check to see if it is done.
- Cool and wrap in foil.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Best made a month before serving.
NotesI happened to spot this recipe in our local edition of Christmas recipes. I don't plan on making it soon but I thought with zucchini as an ingredient it would be a moist cake.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Grandma's Thin PancakesSee More