- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cups candied cut mixed fruit
- 1 tsp,. vanilla
- 1/2 cup candied cut red cherries
- 1/2 cup candied cut green cherries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup crushed walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 3 cups grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- 2 loaf tins, greased and lined with foil.
- Grease the foil (or 1 loaf tin and 4 small loaf tins)
- Bake at 300º for 1 1/2 hours or longer.
- Check to see if it is done.
- Cool and wrap in foil.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Best made a month before serving.
NotesI happened to spot this recipe in our local edition of Christmas recipes. I don't plan on making it soon but I thought with zucchini as an ingredient it would be a moist cake.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More