- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryFeaturing: Zucchini (or pattypan squash) and garlic.
This is a simple yet gourmet-good soup that's creamy and silky but does not have a drop of dairy! I usually make it with zucchinis but you can also use pattypan or any other summer squash for that matter! FYI, I often leave the ginger out for the bowl I give my son.
- 4 Tbps olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 7-8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped (and or a mix of zucchini and pattypan squash- approx. 6 cups chopped)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or 1 Tbps fresh ginger, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a pot, heat oil on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic (add fresh ginger now if using fresh instead of groung ginger) and heat until onion is soft and translucent but garlic does not brown.
- 2. Add sliced zucchini and cook until soft. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 40-45 min (approx.)
- 3. Blend with a hand mixer until creamy (or purée in a blender).
- 4. Taste and season with salt, pepper, and ground ginger. Serve in bowls. Drizzle a tad of oil on top of each bowl.