- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil, for baking dish
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 container (15-oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), halved lengthwise then sliced thinly crosswise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat over to 425 degrees. Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- 2. In a medium bow, stir together cream cheese and ricotta cheese; season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- 3. Spread 1/3 zucchini mixture in prepared baking dish; top with 2 lasagna noodles, then 1/3 cheese mixture. Repeat twice with remaining zucchini mixture, noodles, and cheese mixture, finishing with ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 4. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil; bake until bubbly and noodles are tender, about 30-35 minutes. Remove foil; bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis recipe is from September 2006 "Everyday Food" magazine. It's one of my husband's new favorite dishes... and super easy to make! You can prep it ahead of time (i.e. the night before), put the whole baking dish in the fridge and pop it in the oven to bake for dinner.
Since I love my carbs, I used 3 lasagna noodles per layer instead of the 2 suggested.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More