- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- vegetable cooking spray
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl, and make a well in center of mixture.
Combine zucchini, milk, oil, and egg; stir well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans
immediately, and let cool on a wire rack.