- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16-oz lean ground beef( chicken or turkey)
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs( used a small amount of italian)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup unpeeled zucchini
- 2 Tsp italian seasonings ( divided)
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce( used Deonias ketchup)( divided)
- 2 tsp sugar( splenda) did not use
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ( used an Italian blend)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- My additions, Grated carrot and (1) egg white and a few chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Oven set on 375. Spray well a 6 cup muffin tin( reg)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and 1 tsp of the spice mix and 1/2 of the sauce. Divide up the mixture among the tins and make an indention in the center of each.
- Combine remaining sauce,& spice. Add the cheese and mix well. Spoon about 1 Tbs into the center of each meat muffin. Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Used less ground (very lean) meat. Added about 2 Tbs of the ketchup to the meat mixture and more than 1/2 of the zucchini required in this recipe. I added (1) grated carrot and (3) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and then added the egg white as the meat mixture looked dry and added the cheese to the meat mixture as well. Added a little water to the ketchup to make a sauce and place that on top of the 2 small formed loafs. Enough to ice the entire tops of both.
- Different and Nice and perhaps a little healthier too. The origional recipe turned into 2 small meatloafs, was perfect for last nights meal. I tossed in a few extra ingredients for moistness and texture. Both were very good additions. The homemade ketchup, fitted right in adding it's special flavor as well. The origional recipe is 2 years old~ Glad I went surfing, another goodie brought to life~ Janie
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More