- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16-oz lean ground beef( chicken or turkey)
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs( used a small amount of italian)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup unpeeled zucchini
- 2 Tsp italian seasonings ( divided)
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce( used Deonias ketchup)( divided)
- 2 tsp sugar( splenda) did not use
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ( used an Italian blend)
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- My additions, Grated carrot and (1) egg white and a few chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Oven set on 375. Spray well a 6 cup muffin tin( reg)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients and 1 tsp of the spice mix and 1/2 of the sauce. Divide up the mixture among the tins and make an indention in the center of each.
- Combine remaining sauce,& spice. Add the cheese and mix well. Spoon about 1 Tbs into the center of each meat muffin. Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Used less ground (very lean) meat. Added about 2 Tbs of the ketchup to the meat mixture and more than 1/2 of the zucchini required in this recipe. I added (1) grated carrot and (3) sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and then added the egg white as the meat mixture looked dry and added the cheese to the meat mixture as well. Added a little water to the ketchup to make a sauce and place that on top of the 2 small formed loafs. Enough to ice the entire tops of both.
- Different and Nice and perhaps a little healthier too. The origional recipe turned into 2 small meatloafs, was perfect for last nights meal. I tossed in a few extra ingredients for moistness and texture. Both were very good additions. The homemade ketchup, fitted right in adding it's special flavor as well. The origional recipe is 2 years old~ Glad I went surfing, another goodie brought to life~ Janie
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More