- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small)
- 2 cups pancake or biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar (enough to dust the muffins)
- Wash zucchini and remove ends.
- Shred zucchini using largest holes on grater.
- Place grated zucchini on paper towels and squeeze to remove water.
- Measure 1½ cups of squeezed-dry zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix whole-grain pancake mix (or biscuit mix) with spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice.
- Fold the egg-sugar mixture and shredded zucchini into the pancake-spice mixture; do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 10–15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle muffins with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Italy or BustSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More