- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (about 2 small)
- 2 cups pancake or biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar (enough to dust the muffins)
- Wash zucchini and remove ends.
- Shred zucchini using largest holes on grater.
- Place grated zucchini on paper towels and squeeze to remove water.
- Measure 1½ cups of squeezed-dry zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix whole-grain pancake mix (or biscuit mix) with spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice.
- Fold the egg-sugar mixture and shredded zucchini into the pancake-spice mixture; do not overmix.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 10–15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle muffins with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More