- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- * 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- * 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini into paper-thin ribbons, avoiding seeds.
- Add to bowl with dressing, season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
NotesRaw zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a peeler, is mild-tasting; a short soak in vinegar and oil mellows and softens the onion but leaves enough bite to keep it interesting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More