- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- * 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- * 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini into paper-thin ribbons, avoiding seeds.
- Add to bowl with dressing, season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
NotesRaw zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a peeler, is mild-tasting; a short soak in vinegar and oil mellows and softens the onion but leaves enough bite to keep it interesting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More