Zucchini Salad with Red Onion
* 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
* 4 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper.
Stir in onion, and let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini into paper-thin ribbons, avoiding seeds.
Add to bowl with dressing, season with salt and pepper; toss to combine.
Pairs Well With
Raw zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a peeler, is mild-tasting; a short soak in vinegar and oil mellows and softens the onion but leaves enough bite to keep it interesting.