- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound Italian Sausage; Hot or Mild
- 2 medium Zucchini; sliced, (halved - optional)
- 2 Red bell pepper; sliced
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 can Tomatoes; diced, 28 oz can, Italian style
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a cookie sheet or baking pan with 1 tsp of olive oil, lay out the Italian sausage on the sheet or in the pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes until soft, then add garlic and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes. Once garlic slightly changes color, add red bell pepper slices, mix well, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add zucchini slices and stir well, let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, stir well.
- Remove the sausage from the oven, slice into bite size pieces, add to the skillet, stir, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta. Enjoy!
NotesA quick vegetable saute with chunks of sausage. Best served over rice or pasta. Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More