- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 pound Italian Sausage; Hot or Mild
- 2 medium Zucchini; sliced, (halved - optional)
- 2 Red bell pepper; sliced
- 1 medium onion; sliced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 can Tomatoes; diced, 28 oz can, Italian style
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a cookie sheet or baking pan with 1 tsp of olive oil, lay out the Italian sausage on the sheet or in the pan, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a medium or large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes until soft, then add garlic and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes. Once garlic slightly changes color, add red bell pepper slices, mix well, cook for 2-3 minutes, then add zucchini slices and stir well, let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flake, stir well.
- Remove the sausage from the oven, slice into bite size pieces, add to the skillet, stir, reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta. Enjoy!
NotesA quick vegetable saute with chunks of sausage. Best served over rice or pasta. Delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
50 Shades of Taste
A Falcon FeastSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More