- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 clove of garlic chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 lb. Zucchini gated about 1 1/2 cups
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesean Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- In a large sauce pot saute onion and garlic in oil till tender. Add broth and rice and bring to a boil. Simmer covered about 10 minutes. Stir in Zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stir occasionally, or till zucchini is tender.
- Beat egg, cheese and parsley together. Gradually whisk into hot broth mixture.
- Makes about 7 cups
NotesMy most requested soup, my kids could have this for dinner every night