- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1 clove of garlic chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons uncooked rice
- 1 lb. Zucchini gated about 1 1/2 cups
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Parmesean Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
In a large sauce pot saute onion and garlic in oil till tender. Add broth and rice and bring to a boil. Simmer covered about 10 minutes. Stir in Zucchini, salt and pepper.
Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stir occasionally, or till zucchini is tender.
Beat egg, cheese and parsley together. Gradually whisk into hot broth mixture.
Makes about 7 cups