- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. Zucchini
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup oil for frying
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 lb. thin sliced Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Slice zucchini into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle with the flour.
- Fry in oil until light brown.
- Butter a baking dish and place in a layer of zucchini.
- Sprinkle with some of the grated cheese and add some tomato sauce.
- Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese slices.
- Repeat the process until all ingredients are used,
- Ending with Mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake in oven at 375 for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve either hot or cold. (I like hot better)
NotesThis is not a veggie dish that's low calorie, but it's very good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Babette's Test Kitchen
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More