- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 3-4 chorizo sausages, casings removed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt. Let the zucchini stand for 10 minutes. Squeeze as much liquid from the zucchini as possible and place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, cheeses, and Mexican seasoning. Stir together until well-blended.
- Divide the zucchini mixture into 6 portions onto the parchment paper (a scant ½ cup each). Use a spatula to spread each portion into a 5-inch circle. Bake the zucchini for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and gently turn each portion over. Continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until firm and golden
- .While the zucchini is baking, break the sausage up into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To assemble, place the zucchini tostadas on individual serving plates. Layer each tostada with an equal portion of lettuce, sausage, avocado, diced tomato, sour cream, olives, and cheese. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
NotesWith a boatload of zucchini staring me in the face, I had to get creative. These "tostadas" made with cheese and zucchini turned out surprisingly well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More