- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pre-made 9 inch pie crust (go ahead and make your own if you are adventurous, but I use the frozen crust from Whole Foods and it's really good!)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 leek, washed and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Set your pie crust on a large baking sheet.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add leeks and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms and cook until tender, another 5 minutes.
- Season with oregano, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Beat eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Crumble goat cheese in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Top with vegetables and pour egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake another 25 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Rest quiche on a rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved RecipesSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More