ZUCCHINI AND LINGUINE WITH BACON-CORN PESTO
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 chopped bacon slices
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 2 minced garlic clove, divided
- 1-1/4 t kosher salt
- 3/4 t pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, plus additional for serving
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 oz al dente linguine
- chopped basil
- Cook bacon until crisp and brown; remove from pan and drain, reserving 1 T drippings in the pan. Saute corn, 1 garlic clove, salt and pepper 4 minutes. Remove 1-1/2 cups corn mixture and set aside. Puree remaining corn mixture with Parmesan and pine nuts. Encorporate cup olive oil until emulsified; set aside. Add remaining garlic clove, reserved corn and zucchini to skillet; saute 5 minutes.
- Toss linguine, zucchini mixture and pesto, adding up to 1-1/2 cups pasta water to reach desired consistency. Taste for seasoning. Serve sprinkled with basil and parmesan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More