- Cooking Time: 4 minutes per batch
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion (Joy says yellow...I used what I had)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 zucchinis, give or take)
- 2 cups peeled and grated potatoes (4 small? 2 large)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sour cream for dipping
- Paprika and / or cumin for garnishing
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 2 TB of olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion until it's translucent. Add the garlic and continue to saute for an additional minute. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine the zucchini and potatoes along with 1/2 tsp of salt. Place in a strainer, over a medium bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Press down with a clean cloth or paper towels, squeezing out the excess water.
- Clean out the bowl (so you don't have too many dishes to do tonight) and whisk the eggs. Whisk in the flour, baking powder and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in the sauteed onions and garlic along with the strained zucchini and potatoes.
- Heat the oven to 200' F to keep the pancakes warm as you make them in batches.
- In the same skillet (yep...still keeping the dirty dishes down to a minimum), wiped clean, heat the remaining 2 TB of olive oil over medium heat. Drop in pancake batter in by rounded tablespoon. Gently flatten (shape) with a fork. Cook for 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Place cooked pancakes on a plate of sheet in the oven to keep warm while you finish with the rest of the batter. I used a 10" skillet and fit 5 - 6 pancakes per batch.
- Serve with sour cream and a dusting of paprika and / or cumin.
NotesJoy the Baker does it again! Yes, this is another fantastic recipe from her newly published cookbook titled Joy the Baker Cookbook with 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More