- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, the applesauce, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in zucchini, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completly on rack.
- Wrap and store for several hours before slicing.
NotesAnother Better Homes & Gardens recipe. *Updated* I made this, and it turned out beautifully. Nice golden color, moist and the nuts and cranberries give it just the right touch. I will do this one again again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More