- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 raisins or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with baking spray; set aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of the sugar and 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar, the applesauce, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture beating on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in zucchini, nuts, and dried fruit.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completly on rack.
- Wrap and store for several hours before slicing.
NotesAnother Better Homes & Gardens recipe. *Updated* I made this, and it turned out beautifully. Nice golden color, moist and the nuts and cranberries give it just the right touch. I will do this one again again.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More