- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 8
- 2 1/2 cups zucchini -- grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs -- fine
- 1 egg -- beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine -- melted
- 1 tbsp of Dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 small onion -- chopped fine
- oil and margarine -- for frying
- I like to add some lemon zest and red pepper flakes, maybe some thyme and chives. (It's not good unless the squash are fresh...frozen squash doesn't work.)
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Shape into patties.
- Fry in a mixture of half oil/half margarine until golden on each side. Turn only once. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, with cocktail sauce on the side.
- These can be reheated in the microwave, but they lose their crispness.
Fun appetizers and snacks
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More