ASIAN LETTUCE ROLLS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 packages (3 oz each) chicken flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chicken
- 1 each: red and yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions w/ tops
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2-inch piece peeled gingerroot, pressed
- 1 medium cucumber, scored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 24 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 jar (11.5 oz) sweet and sour sauce
- 1. Microwave 3 cups water an high 6-8 minutes or until boiling. Break each block of noodles into quarters; add noodles and seasoning packets to boiling water. Microwave, covered, 2 minutes; stir. Drain noodles and rinsee under cold water.
- 2. Coarsely chop chicken. Slice tops and bottoms off bell peppers; remove stems and chop tops and bottoms of bell peppers. Set center portions of bell peppers aside. Place noodles, chcken, and chopped bell peppers and green onions in large bowl.
- 3. In smaller bowl, combine soy sauce, seasoning mix, and oil. Add garlic and ginger. Pour over noodle mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4. Slice reserved bell peppers into thin strips, Thinly slice cucmber.
- Cut carrots into julienne strips.
- To serve, spoon noodle salad into medium bowl; sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
- Place bell peppers, cucmber, carrots and sweet and sour sauce into small bowls.
- To serve, top each lettuce leaf with noodle salad and vegetables.
- Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce and roll up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More