ASIAN LETTUCE ROLLS
- 2 packages (3 oz each) chicken flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups coarsely chopped chicken
- 1 each: red and yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions w/ tops
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/2-inch piece peeled gingerroot, pressed
- 1 medium cucumber, scored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 24 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 jar (11.5 oz) sweet and sour sauce
1. Microwave 3 cups water an high 6-8 minutes or until boiling. Break each block of noodles into quarters; add noodles and seasoning packets to boiling water. Microwave, covered, 2 minutes; stir. Drain noodles and rinsee under cold water.
2. Coarsely chop chicken. Slice tops and bottoms off bell peppers; remove stems and chop tops and bottoms of bell peppers. Set center portions of bell peppers aside. Place noodles, chcken, and chopped bell peppers and green onions in large bowl.
3. In smaller bowl, combine soy sauce, seasoning mix, and oil. Add garlic and ginger. Pour over noodle mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Slice reserved bell peppers into thin strips, Thinly slice cucmber.
Cut carrots into julienne strips.
To serve, spoon noodle salad into medium bowl; sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Place bell peppers, cucmber, carrots and sweet and sour sauce into small bowls.
To serve, top each lettuce leaf with noodle salad and vegetables.
Drizzle with sweet and sour sauce and roll up.