australian lamb loin
8 Australian Lamb loin chops, trimmed
salt and pepper
ZUCCHINI, WALNUT AND CAPER COUSCOUS
1 cup couscous
1 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2-3 tablespoons capers, to taste
2 zucchini, chopped
1. To prepare the couscous, in a small saucepan bring 1 cup lightly salted water to a boil. Add couscous and remove from heat. Stand, covered for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork to separate grains then set aside.
2. Place parsley, 1/2 cup of the walnuts, oil, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and pulse on and off to make a coarse paste. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons for the lamb, and toss the remainder through the couscous, along with capers and 1/2 cup walnuts.
3. Preheat oven to 450 F. Brush lamb chops generously with oil and season with salt and pepper. Pre-heat frying pan over high heat, add chops and cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook for another minute.
4. Place pan in oven and cook 3-4 minutes further for medium rare and the meat is still springy when pressed.
5. Just before serving, pan fry or blanch zucchini in water for 1-2 minutes or until just tender and toss through the couscous.
6. Remove from oven and toss chops with the reserved parsley and walnut mixture.
Serve immediately with warm couscous.