- Cooking Time: ???
- Servings: 12-14 appetizers
- Preparation Time: ???
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sherry or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- (1) remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat. saute mushroom caps for 2 minutes on each side; sprinkle with salt. remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- (2)in the same skillet,saute onion in remaining butter until tender,remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- (3)spoon into mushroom caps. place on a broiler pan; broil 5 inches from from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until filling is browned. serve warm.
NotesI got ths recipe from a taste of home holiday cookbook. this sounds so good i just had to share it.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More