- Cooking Time: ???
- Servings: 12-14 appetizers
- Preparation Time: ???
BackstoryI got ths recipe from a taste of home holiday cookbook. this sounds so good i just had to share it.
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sherry or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- (1) remove mushroom stems (discard or save for another use). in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat. saute mushroom caps for 2 minutes on each side; sprinkle with salt. remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- (2)in the same skillet,saute onion in remaining butter until tender,remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- (3)spoon into mushroom caps. place on a broiler pan; broil 5 inches from from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until filling is browned. serve warm.