- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces)shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350 for 65-75 mins or until tender: cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter;stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
- Makes about 10 servings
- I got this recipe out of Taste of Homes simple and delicious cookbook.
NotesI got this recipe out of Taste of Homes simple and delicious cookbook
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Food Travels Through Italy
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More