- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces)shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes at 350 for 65-75 mins or until tender: cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter;stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
- Makes about 10 servings
- I got this recipe out of Taste of Homes simple and delicious cookbook.
NotesI got this recipe out of Taste of Homes simple and delicious cookbook
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More