BAKED POTATO SOUP
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces)shredded cheddar cheese
Bake potatoes at 350 for 65-75 mins or until tender: cool completely. Peel and cube potatoes.
In a large saucepan, melt butter;stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened. Remove from the heat; whisk in sour cream. Add potatoes and green onions. Garnish with bacon and cheese.
Makes about 10 servings
I got this recipe out of Taste of Homes simple and delicious cookbook.