- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- 24 wonton wrappers or 6 egg roll wrappers, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, finely minced
- 1-2 teaspoons old Bay Seafood seasoning
- 4 ounces cottage cheese, 2% fat
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese (light cream cheese)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat
- 6 ounces cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (about half a lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a food processor will make short work of the base. Finely mince onion with Old Bay seasoning in food processor, transfer to bowl. Put cottage cheese, neufchatel and egg in food processor and spin till smooth. Mix with minced onion, lemon zest and dill.
- Gently fold in crab and shrimp.
- Lightly spray mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Press wonton wrappers into muffin cups, folding gently as needed. Fill each cup with about 1 1/2 tablespoons mixture.
- Sprinkle with a tiny bit of dill, green onion tops or chives would be nice, too.
- Bake in a 400°F Oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool just a bit before eating.
- Makes 24 puffs.
- Per Puff: 53 Calories; 2g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
- Notes: While fresh dill is best, Litehouse Freeze Dried Dill is an acceptable substitute. It tastes far more fresh than your average dried dill. I should also note that here in landlocked southern Missouri, we used canned lump crab and frozen shrimp.
NotesThese are based loosely on a recipe by Ellie Krieger combined with the baked crab rangoon recipe that was originally from Kraft mixed around in my head until these incredibly delicious puffy things magically appeared.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More