- Cooking Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Servings: about 25
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 500g butter, softened
- 2 cups browm sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups mashed over ripe banana
- 4 cups self raising flour, sifted
- LIME CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 50g butter, softened
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat the over to moderately slow 160 degrees C/ 140 degrees C fan forced. Grease a 25cm x 35cm baking dish, line the base and sides of the dish with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an eletric mixer until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Transfer the butter mixture to a very large bowl; stir in half the sifted flour, half the banana, then the remaining flour and banana. Spread the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake in moderately slow oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand the cake in the baking dish for 20 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- LIME CREAM CHEESE FROSTING : Beat butter, cream cheese and rind in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sifted icing sugar, then juice.
- Spread lime cream cheese frosting over the cool cake. Mark the top with a cake comb or fork, if desired.