- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: varies on use
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 c firmly packed basil leaves (no stems)
- 1 1/2 c almond flour (toasted)
- 1 1/2 c grated Parmesan reggiano
- 3/4 t salt
- 4 T roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 c olive oil (or more if needed)
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender (or food processor if you have one)
- Blend all items until finely chopped
- With motor running, add oil in slow stream to create a thick paste
NotesI love pesto, and came up with this version to use the basil I am now growing, as well as making a change from the ordinary and using almond flour.
It will keep refrigerated pretty much indefinitely, or you can freeze it in ice cube trays for individual "servings"
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More