- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: varies on use
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 c firmly packed basil leaves (no stems)
- 1 1/2 c almond flour (toasted)
- 1 1/2 c grated Parmesan reggiano
- 3/4 t salt
- 4 T roasted garlic
- 1 1/2 c olive oil (or more if needed)
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender (or food processor if you have one)
- Blend all items until finely chopped
- With motor running, add oil in slow stream to create a thick paste
NotesI love pesto, and came up with this version to use the basil I am now growing, as well as making a change from the ordinary and using almond flour.
It will keep refrigerated pretty much indefinitely, or you can freeze it in ice cube trays for individual "servings"